Of all the things I've been called in my life....Mom sounds the best

About Me

My photo
Lovell, Wyoming, United States
I love being with my girls. They are what makes me... well who I am... a mother!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby tag

I have seen this on a few other blogs including Kara's and decided to do it, even if there is no number 25:) I should also let you know that David and I have a baby who is with her Heavenly Father waiting for us so there will be three for a while! Of all the things people said to help my through that, Frank Wilkerson made it all ok by telling me that that little baby was so perfect that once she got her body Heavenly Father needed her right back. (We don't know what the sex was actually because it was too early but we just assumed, although we do joke that that was probably our only boy!)

Baby Tag
1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
#1- Bathroom on Main Street
Jadalie- also bathroom on Main
Annalyn- bathroom on Oregon

2- Who was with you?
#1- Me, David was in the living room
Jadalie- Raichel barged in before my pants were even up!!! She really wanted to know and thought I was going to look first.
Annalyn-Me

3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?
#1 took a hometest the day of my missed period I think
Jadalie- Took 5 tests at home(the first 4 were negative but I new I was)
Annalyn- home test

4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
#1- So excited I couldn't stand it
Jadalie- EXTREMELY UPSET! I was bawling sp? and Rai thought I was just happy but I was freaking out since we had just lost #1 and I new the stats for it happening again since it was so soon.(I even yelled at her a little bit, Sorry sis!)
Annalyn- Happy but a little nervous as we had just bought our house.

5- Your Husbands reaction?
Happy every single time!

6- Who was the first person you told?
#1- David
Jadalie- Raichel and then called David. Funny story insert- I had gone to Cody with Rai and I was going to buy yet another test. I forgot and picked one up at Blair's in Powell. I didn't know how to explain the other check since if it was negative I wasn't going to tell David. He was worried about me thinking I was when the tests said no. I think he thought I was losing it.(I was a bit) So I found something from Walmart that was the same price as my cover-up:) I just threw out the receipt. I know...devious. So anyway, when I called to tell him I took a test he asked me why I kept doing that and I was crying and yelled at him that I was f****** pregnant. He was sooo excited that he told Adrin Mayes right then. I yelled at him for that too. I was too nervous for many people to know. So that just ended on NOT a happy note but it is funny now that everything is fine!!!!!
Annalyn- I kinda think it might have been Jessica but I'm pretty sure it was David(We let Abby(Jessica's oldest daughter) tell everyone else)

7-Did you plan to get pregnant?
#1 Yes
Jadalie- kinda, we were going to wait til January but we had planned #1 and Jadalie came so fast after we lost #1(9 days according to the first ultrasound, so ALWAYS be careful:)) that....well....sorta, I guess
Annalyn- Kinda again, we were trying and one day we went to the bank to see what we could be preapproved for for a house, just kinda checking things out and were suprised by the amount. We checked around on a few houses, mostly just looking and then found the house we wanted and decided to go for it. We also at that time decided to put the baby making on hold until things settled down and the house stufff was squared away. Ha ha too late.

8-Was everybody happy for you?
#1 yep even though I had always said I didn't want kids.(David changed that, Thanks Dave!!!!)
Jadalie- yes
Annalyn- yes

9- Did you go out and celebrate?
#1- Nope
Jadalie-Nope
Annalyn-Kinda, we had a BBQ that day to celebrate moving into our house(That's were we let Abby announce it)

10- Did you want to find out the sex?
#1- had planned on it
Jadalie- Absolutely
Annalyn-You bet

12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
Jadalie- Yes
Annalyn- Yes

13- If yes, who?
Jadalie- Arie
Annalyn- Jessica

14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?
not really, that I can remember

15- How much weight did you gain?
Jadalie-30lbs
Annalyn-15 in the end, I was sick so I lost a bunch in the beginning and then gained it back and then the 15

16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained?
Jadalie- yep in the first week and a half(I found every ounce of it before concieving Nani)
Annalyn-yep even though I started out so much fatter :)

17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks?
Jadalie- Oh my heck yes
Annalyn- I don't think anymore could have fit

18- What did you crave the most?
I didnt have cravings

19- Did you crave anything crazy?
nope

20- Who or what got on your nerves the most?
Jadalie-Horror birth stories, seriously...first time moms are freaked out enough. And the fact that people think pregnant women are all of the sudden handicapped and can do NOTHING. Give me a break.(Don't get me wrong, it is very thoughtful but it was very frustrating for me as someone who tries to be very self reliant)
Annalyn- David :)

21- Were you married at the time?
Yeppers, with all

22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
None besides losing one but I don't know if that qualifies

23- Where were you when you went into labor?
Jadalie- home, I had to go to Maverik and ask Jess and Mary if I really was though cuz I didn't know what to expect ha ha ha!!!
Annalyn- home

24- Did your water break?
Jadalie-nope
Annalyn-yes, luckily I was alredy at the hospital

26- Did you go early or late?
Jadalie- early 8 days
Annalyn- early 3 days

27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?
Jadalie- David, Dr. Spomer, Sharae Bischoff(nurse), student nurse I think was all
Annalyn- David, Rai, Dr. Spomer, 2 nurses I didn't know

28- Was it video taped?
No, even though Raichel thought it should be

29- Did you have any drugs for the pain?
Are you kidding me?!? Of course! I was an epidural when I stub my toe!
Jadalie-Spinal that worked for the transition part and then wore off for the delivery
Annalyn- Epidural that I got during the hard, fast transition contractions that lasted beautifully through the whole thing. I was even laughing during the pushing phase.

30-Did you go vaginal or have a c-section?
Jadalie-vaginally
Annalyn-Vaginally

31- What was your first reaction after giving birth?
Jadalie- kinda didn't really feel too real and very much glad it was over
Annalyn- very relaxed since it was, in the end, easier and it wasn't my first ball game

32- How big was the baby(s)?
Jadalie- 7lbs 15 oz
Annalyn- 7lbs 5oz

33- Did your Husband cry?
Probably, he cries at commercials sometimes. He has a heart like his dad.

34- What did you name the baby(s)?
Jadalie Anne Marchant
Annalyn Rai MArchant

35-Did the name have any significance to you?
Jadalie was a mix of a name in a dream(Jalie) and a little girl in town(Jada) and Anne is my, my mother's, and my grandmother's middle names
Annalyn I heard on t.v. and Rai is from my sister Raichel

36-Does the baby's name fit?
Their names don't really have meanings so I guess not, but they sure don't look like Jennies or Davids, well kinda they do ha ha ha. We had their names before they were conceived and born respectively so we could never see them as anything else.

37- Did the baby(s) have any complications?
Jadalie- Perfectly healthy
Annalyn- had low blood sugar and was stabbed repeatedly and she was jaundiced, just barely on the good side of having to be under the lights

38- How old is your baby today?
Jadalie- Will be 3 on the 20th of next month
Annalyn- 9 months and 4 days

40- If you could would you do it all over again?
Nope, ha ha just kidding. Who would ever say no?!?!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Aren't you curious what number 25 was? This was so fun and it's even more fun read about everyone else. Your girls are beautiful!